All About the Biggest Loser
The ongoing mantra for the Biggest Loser participants is, "Eat less, exercise more." Although you can lose weight by dieting alone, you can lose more weight faster by adding exercise into your routine.
While the contestants on The Biggest Loser television show dedicate hours and hours to exercise, you don't have to do as much to still lose weight. Although your weight loss may be more gradual with a less-intensive exercise program, you can still see rapid results. Each person can tailor their own exercise regimen to their specific likes and needs.
There are a number of tips that the crew from the Biggest Loser suggest for working out at home. Some of these fitness tips include:
- Set a specific time each day to exercise. This will become part of your daily routine. Although you may just start with a few minutes a day, the Biggest Loser trainers recommend up to an hour a day if you can fit it into your schedule.
- Make your favorite playlist. Listening to your favorite songs can help motivate you throughout your workout.
- Get a workout buddy. Having a partner who will work out with you can help, as you will hold each other accountable.
- Be a trainer for the day. Come up with different styles of exercises for you and your friend to do.
- Set yourself up for success by finding activities that you like to do. If you don't like to run, don't run. Find things that you will enjoy and continue doing.
- Increase the intensity of your workouts. You should work out at 85 percent of your maximum heart rate for optimal results.