Is TrimSpa Safe?
Before taking TrimSpa, warnings and precautions for the weight-loss supplement should be fully understood. This includes talking to your healthcare provider prior to taking TrimSpa if you have certain medical conditions, such as glaucoma, heart problems, or anxiety. TrimSpa can make these conditions worse. TrimSpa safety warnings and precautions also apply to people who have certain allergies and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
An Overview of TrimSpa SafetyTrimSpa® is a group of popular weight-loss supplements. You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking TrimSpa if you have:
- Any heart problems
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
You should also be sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Specific TrimSpa Warnings and PrecautionsSome warnings and precautions to be aware of concerning the safety of TrimSpa include the following:
- Most TrimSpa products contain stimulants (such as caffeine or guarana). Stimulants can make anxiety disorders worse. If you notice increased anxiety while taking TrimSpa, it is probably a good idea to avoid TrimSpa products.
- If you have glaucoma, do not take TrimSpa without first talking to your healthcare provider. The stimulants in TrimSpa can make glaucoma worse.
- The stimulants in TrimSpa can make some heart conditions worse. If you have any heart problems, do not take TrimSpa without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you have high blood pressure, TrimSpa may increase your blood pressure even more (due to its stimulant content).
- TrimSpa can interact with a number of medications (see TrimSpa Drug Interactions for more information).
- It is not known if TrimSpa is safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding (see TrimSpa and Pregnancy and TrimSpa and Breastfeeding).
- If you decide to use supplements, what you see on the label may not reflect what is in the bottle. For example, some herbal supplements have been found to be contaminated with heavy metals or prescription drugs, and some have been found to have much more or much less of the featured ingredient than their label states.
Therefore, make sure the manufacturer of your TrimSpa product is a trusted and reputable manufacturer. It is a good sign if a manufacturer abides by the rules of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). It is also a good sign if a product has the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) seal, which means that the product has been independently tested and shown to contain the correct ingredients in the amounts listed on the label. Your pharmacist is a good resource for information about which manufacturers are most reputable.