Phentermine 15 mg Capsules
Phentermine is a prescription medication approved for short-term use as a weight-loss aid. It comes in tablet and capsule form, and is available in the following strengths:
- Phentermine 15 mg capsules
- Phentermine 30 mg capsules (blue color), equivalent to Fastin®
- Phentermine 30 mg capsules (yellow color), not equivalent to Fastin
- Phentermine 37.5 mg capsules
- Phentermine 37.5 mg tablets.
If you are taking phentermine tablets, the usual recommended dosage is 18.75 mg (half a tablet) or 37.5 mg (one tablet) once daily in the morning. If necessary, your healthcare provider may recommend taking half a tablet twice a day to control your appetite, although this increases the risk of insomnia. For the capsule form, the recommended dosage is phentermine 15 mg capsules, 30 mg capsules, or 37.5 mg capsules once daily in the morning.
(Click Phentermine Dosage for more detailed dosing information, including an explanation of why this drug should only be used short-term and tips for using phentermine safely and effectively.)