Weight Loss Home > Is Relacore Safe?
Prior to starting your weight loss plan with Relacore, safety warnings and precautions for the drug should be reviewed. This includes talking with your healthcare provider if you have certain medical conditions, such as diabetes, a bleeding disorder, or any health problems. Relacore safety precautions also extend to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding and people who have certain allergies.
Relacore Safety: An OverviewRelacore® is a popular weight loss supplement. Because no adequate studies on Relacore have been published, it is not known if it is safe for most people. Some people may be more likely to experience problems. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Relacore if you have:
- A bleeding disorder
- Any health problems or concerns
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Specific Relacore Warnings and PrecautionsWarnings and precautions to be aware of concerning the safety of Relacore include the following:
- Some of the ingredients in Relacore can affect your blood, which can be a problem for people who have diabetes. If you have diabetes, check with your healthcare provider before taking the supplement.
- Ginseng (an active ingredient in Relacore) can increase the risk of bleeding, which can be a problem if you have a bleeding disorder or if you take "blood thinners".
- If you have any health problems or concerns, check with your healthcare provider before taking Relacore.
- Relacore can interact with a number of medications (see Relacore Drug Interactions).
- It is not known if Relacore is safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding (see Relacore and Pregnancy and Relacore and Breastfeeding).
- If you decide to use supplements, what you see on the label may not reflect what is in the bottle. For example, some herbal supplements have been found to be contaminated with heavy metals or prescription drugs, and some have been found to have much more or much less of the featured ingredient than their label states.
Therefore, make sure that the manufacturer of your Relacore product is a trusted and reputable manufacturer. It is a good sign if a manufacturer abides by the rules of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). It is also a good sign if a product has the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) seal, which means that the product has been independently tested and shown to contain the correct ingredients in the amounts listed on the label. Your pharmacist is a good resource for information about which manufacturers are the most reputable.