Weight Loss Home > Phentermine Dosage
The recommended dosage of phentermine for the capsule form is 15 mg, 30 mg, or 37.5 mg once a day. With the tablets, the recommended dose is 18.75 mg (half a tablet) or 37.5 mg (one tablet) once daily. If needed, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to half a tablet twice a day. The medication is intended for short-term use only.
- Whether you develop bothersome or dangerous phentermine side effects
- How you respond to the drug
- The particular phentermine product
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
- Phentermine comes in tablet and capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily, although some people may need to take it twice a day.
- Your dose should be taken either before breakfast or one to two hours after breakfast, depending on the particular phentermine product.
- This medication should be combined with an appropriate diet. It is not meant to be used without dieting.
- Do not take phentermine more often or at higher doses than prescribed, as this can lead to addiction or dependence.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your phentermine dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.