Weight Loss Home > Chromium Picolinate
Is Chromium Picolinate Safe?In low doses, chromium picolinate appears to be safe in many situations. However, some people may be more likely to experience problems than others. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider before taking it if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any kind of mental illness
- A chromate or leather allergy
- Any other allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Chromium Picolinate and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Chromium Picolinate and Breastfeeding).
What If I Take an Overdose?It is not known what exactly to expect from an overdose of chromium picolinate. An overdose may cause symptoms such as:
- Bleeding in the digestive tract.