Dosing InformationIn studies, a few different ways to dose HCA for weight loss have been tried. However, the best dose that is both safe and effective is not known at this time.
(Click HCA Dosage for more information.)
- Stomach or intestinal pain or discomfort.
(Click HCA Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)
Drug InteractionsThe substance may potentially interact with other medications or supplements, although little is known at this time (see HCA Drug Interactions).
Is It Safe?HCA appears to be safe in many situations. However, some people may be more likely to experience problems when taking it. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider before taking it if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any other chronic disease or health problem.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see HCA and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see HCA and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click HCA Safety for more information, including any available warnings and precautions.)