Who Makes It?
Didrex is made by Pfizer, Inc.
How Does It Work?
Didrex works by suppressing the appetite, and it may also increase the metabolism.
Effects of Didrex
Only very short studies have evaluated the effectiveness of Didrex. In these studies, people taking this medication lost more weight than those not taking it, but the difference was small (only a fraction of a pound more per week for the people taking Didrex). Studies also suggest that the effects of the medication on weight loss decreased after the first few weeks.
When and How to Take It
Some general considerations for when and how to take Didrex include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth one to three times daily.
- You can take Didrex on an empty stomach or with food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Didrex should be combined with an appropriate diet. It is not meant to be used without dieting.
- Do not take this medication more often or at higher doses than prescribed, as this can lead to addiction or dependence.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.