In general, the recommended starting Didrex dosage for weight loss is 25 mg or 50 mg once daily. The medication is typically taken mid-morning or mid-afternoon and is probably more effective if it is taken a few hours before your main meal of the day. If necessary, your healthcare provider may increase your Didrex dosage up to a maximum of 50 mg three times daily.
Didrex Dosage: An IntroductionThe dose of Didrex® (benzphetamine hydrochloride) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Whether you develop bothersome or dangerous Didrex side effects
- How you respond to Didrex
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your Didrex dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended starting Didrex dose for weight loss is Didrex 25 mg or 50 mg once daily, usually taken mid-morning or mid-afternoon, depending on your eating habits. Didrex is probably more effective if it is taken a few hours before your main meal of the day. Depending on how you respond to Didrex, your healthcare provider may recommend increasing the dose up to a maximum of Didrex 50 mg three times daily.
Didrex is intended for short-term use only (for just a few weeks). Longer use is unlikely to be effective, as the body adjusts to the appetite-suppressing properties of Didrex. Also, Didrex has the potential to be abused (which is another reason why Didrex use should be limited to just a few weeks).
General Didrex Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking Didrex include the following:
- Didrex comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth one to three times daily.
- It does not matter if you take Didrex on an empty stomach or with food. If Didrex bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Didrex should be combined with an appropriate diet. It is not meant to be used without dieting.
- Do not take Didrex more often (or in higher doses) than prescribed, as this can lead to Didrex addiction or dependence.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Didrex dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.