Didrex and Insomnia
Is there a connection between Didrex and insomnia? Although the exact percentage was not reported, people taking the drug have reported insomnia as a side effect. Improving sleep habits may help to cure insomnia. Some suggestions for better sleep include keeping a regular sleep-wake cycle, refraining from taking a nap after 3 p.m., and avoiding large meals within two hours of bedtime.
Insomnia is a possible side effect of Didrex® (benzphetamine hydrochloride), although the exact percentage of people who develop this side effect has not been reported. Didrex can act as a stimulant. This is probably why Didrex can cause insomnia.
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Sleep that is not refreshing or satisfying
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.
Didrex and Insomnia: SuggestionsIn some cases, improving sleep habits can help cure insomnia. Some tips for better sleep include:
- Refraining from exercise within two hours of bedtime. Exercising five or six hours before bedtime may help you sleep more soundly.
- Avoiding large meals within two hours of bedtime.
- Refraining from taking a nap later than 3 p.m.
- Keeping a regular sleep-wake cycle. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Avoiding caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine in the four to six hours before bedtime.
- Sleeping in a dark, quiet room at a comfortable temperature.
- Doing a quiet activity somewhere else if you can't fall asleep within 20 minutes, and returning to bed when you're sleepy.
- Winding down in the 30 minutes before bedtime with a relaxing pre-sleep ritual such as a warm bath, soft music, or reading.
(Click Good Sleep Habits for more suggestions.)