Is CortiSlim Safe?
Before taking CortiSlim, warnings and precautions of the supplement should be fully understood to avoid possible complications. For example, let your healthcare provider know (before taking CortiSlim) if you have high blood pressure, heart problems, or glaucoma, as CortiSlim can make these conditions worse.
An Overview of CortiSlim SafetyCortiSlim® is a group of popular weight-loss supplements. You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking CortiSlim if you have:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Any heart problems
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
You should also be sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
Specific CortiSlim Warnings and PrecautionsSome warnings and precautions to be aware of concerning the safety of CortiSlim include the following:
- Most CortiSlim products contain stimulants (such as caffeine, guarana, or bitter orange). Stimulants can make anxiety disorders worse. If you notice increased anxiety while taking CortiSlim, it is probably a good idea to avoid CortiSlim products.
- The stimulants in CortiSlim can make some heart conditions worse. If you have any heart problems, do not take CortiSlim without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you have glaucoma, do not take CortiSlim without first talking to your healthcare provider. The stimulants in CortiSlim can make glaucoma worse.
- If you have high blood pressure, CortiSlim may increase your blood pressure even more (due its stimulant content).
- CortiSlim can interact with a number of medications (see CortiSlim Drug Interactions for more information).
- It is not known if CortiSlim is safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding (see CortiSlim and Pregnancy and CortiSlim and Breastfeeding).
- If you decide to use supplements, what you see on the label may not reflect what is in the bottle. For example, some herbal supplements have been found to be contaminated with heavy metals or prescription drugs, and some have been found to have much more or much less of the featured ingredient than their label states.
Therefore, make sure the manufacturer of your CortiSlim is a trusted and reputable manufacturer. It is a good sign if a manufacturer abides by the rules of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). It is also a good sign if a product has the United States Pharmacopoeia (USP) seal, which means that the product has been independently tested and shown to contain the correct ingredients in the amounts listed on the label. Your pharmacist is a good resource for information about which manufacturers are most reputable.