Chromium Picolinate Overdose
It is possible to overdose on chromium picolinate. Taking too much chromium picolinate may cause serious problems, such as bleeding in the digestive tract, liver or kidney damage, and problems thinking or concentrating. Treatment for a chromium picolinate overdose will typically involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur due to the overdose.
An Overview of Chromium Picolinate OverdoseChromium picolinate is a mineral that is often used in weight loss supplements, as well as a treatment for various other conditions (including type 2 diabetes). The effects of a chromium picolinate overdose will vary depending on the chromium picolinate dosage and other factors.
If you happen to overdose on chromium picolinate, seek immediate medical attention.
Symptoms of a Chromium Picolinate OverdoseEven though chromium picolinate is a natural substance, it is possible to take too much of it. Taking too much chromium picolinate may result in any of the usual chromium picolinate symptoms or may cause serious problems, such as:
- Bleeding in the digestive tract
- Liver damage
- Kidney damage
- Confusion or problems thinking or concentrating.
Treatment for a Chromium Picolinate OverdoseIt is not known how best to treat a chromium picolinate overdose. Therefore, treatment (if necessary) will typically involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For instance, if an overdose caused bleeding in the digestive tract, then supportive treatment might include medications or procedures to help stop the bleeding.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on chromium picolinate.