Bontril Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Bontril?You should not take Bontril if you:
- Are allergic to Bontril, phendimetrazine, or any of the inactive components used to make Bontril. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries).
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Have had a stroke.
- Have pulmonary hypertension.
- Are breastfeeding or pregnant.
- Are taking any other stimulants or appetite suppressants.
- Are severely agitated or nervous.
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have a history of drug abuse.
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past 14 days. MAOIs include:
Bontril Warnings and Precautions: Final Thoughts
There are a number of situations in which Bontril should not be taken, along with several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all of the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Bontril warnings and precautions that may apply to you.