Bontril Side Effects
Side Effects to ReportSome side effects with Bontril, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- More outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal
- Strange behavior
- Hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not really there)
- Agitation or restlessness
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- A desire or need to take Bontril more frequently or at a higher dose than prescribed
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.
You may experience some or none of the Bontril side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell if any particular side effect (such as nausea) is caused by Bontril alone or other factors.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.