When and How to Take ItGeneral considerations for when and how to take Bontril include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of a short-acting tablet or a long-acting capsule. The capsules are taken once daily, while the tablets are taken two or three times a day.
- Bontril SR capsules should be taken 30 to 60 minutes before breakfast. Bontril PDM tablets should be taken one hour before meals.
- The medication should be combined with an appropriate diet. It is not meant to be used without dieting.
- Bontril PDM tablets may be split in half, but Bontril SR capsules should not be opened, chewed, or crushed.
- Do not take Bontril more often or in higher doses than prescribed, as this can lead to addiction or dependence on the medication.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Bontril your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The particular product
- How you respond to the drug
- Whether you develop bothersome or dangerous side effects of Bontril
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Bontril Dosage for more information.)