Bitter Orange Overdose
If you take too much bitter orange, overdose symptoms may include difficulty breathing, muscle twitching, and fever, among other things. Since the supplement contains a stimulant, an overdose usually causes problems due to overstimulation. At this time, it is not known how best to treat a bitter orange overdose. Treatment may involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
Bitter orange is a citrus fruit that contains synephrine, a stimulant similar to ephedra. Because it contains a stimulant, bitter orange can be dangerous in the case of overdose. The effects of a bitter orange overdose will vary depending on the bitter orange dosage and whether it was taken with any medications, alcohol, or street drugs.
If you happen to overdose on bitter orange, seek medical attention immediately.
Bitter orange contains a stimulant, and taking too much bitter orange can cause problems due to overstimulation. This can lead to bitter orange overdose symptoms, such as:
- Muscle twitching
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Loss of life.
It is not known how best to treat a bitter orange overdose. Therefore, treatment (if necessary) will consist of supportive care. This type of care consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. For instance, if an overdose caused an irregular heart rhythm, then supportive treatment would include medications to help return the heart to its normal rhythm.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on bitter orange.