Regardless of weight or other factors, everyone takes the same Belviq dosage -- 10 mg taken twice daily. To obtain the best results, make sure to eat a lower-calorie diet and follow a regular exercise program while taking Belviq. You can take the tablets any time during the day, but try to take them at the same times each day.
An Introduction to Dosing With BelviqThere is only one standard recommended dose of Belviq® (lorcaserin). As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
What Is the Recommended Belviq Dosage?The usual dose of Belviq for weight management in people who are obese or overweight is 10 mg twice daily. You can take your doses at any time during the day.
Belviq is always used in combination with a reduced-calorie diet and physical activity. You should discuss a diet and exercise plan appropriate for meeting your weight-loss goal with your healthcare provider. Make sure to follow this plan throughout your treatment.
Your healthcare provider will evaluate your response to treatment within the first 12 weeks. If you have not lost at least 5 percent of your body weight by week 12, you will likely need to stop taking the medication. This is because people who have not lost at least 5 percent of their pre-treatment weight within 12 weeks are unlikely to successfully lose weight with continued Belviq treatment.
General Information on Taking BelviqSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Belviq include the following:
- This medication comes as a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- You can take Belviq with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- This medicine is just one part of a complete weight loss treatment plan that also includes diet and exercise.
- Try to take this medication at the same times each day to keep an even level of the drug in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. This medicine will not work better if you take more than prescribed; however, taking more will increase your risk for side effects.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Belviq dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.