Akavar Side Effects
There is not enough information on Akavar side effects. However, it does contain caffeine and may cause side effects similar to those of stimulants. Therefore, potential side effects of Akavar may include insomnia, restlessness, and indigestion. Notify your healthcare provider immediately if you develop more serious side effects, such as difficulty breathing, jaundice, or signs of an allergic reaction.
Does Akavar Cause Side Effects?There is little information available about the possible side effects of Akavar™-20/50, a popular weight loss supplement. Although adequate studies have not been conducted and published, Akavar contains caffeine and is, therefore, likely to cause stimulant-related side effects.
Possible Akavar Side EffectsBecause Akavar has not been adequately studied in clinical trials, all of the information on its potential side effects comes from what is known about caffeine. Based on this information, common Akavar side effects may include:
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Shakiness (tremors) or jitteriness
- Increased urination.
Because Akavar contains magnesium, it may also cause intestinal-related side effects, such as diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting.
Akavar Side Effects to ReportThere are a number of side effects with Akavar that you should report to your healthcare provider. These potential side effects (due to the stimulants in it) include but are not limited to:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
- Rapid breathing or difficulty breathing
- Anxiety or agitation
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (known as heart palpitations)
- Signs of liver damage, such as:
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Dark urine
- Upper-right abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
There is also some evidence that the long-term use of yerba mate (one of the active ingredients in Akavar) may increase the risk of several types of cancer.