Adipex Warnings and Precautions
You should not take Adipex-P if you:
- Are allergic to Adipex-P or any inactive components used to make the medication.
- Have a heart condition, including heart disease or atherosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries).
- Are severely agitated or nervous.
- Have an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
- Have glaucoma (a condition of the eye).
- Have moderate to severe high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Have a history of drug abuse.
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past 14 days. MAOIs include:
Adipex Warnings and Precautions: Final Thoughts
There are a number of situations in which Adipex-P should not be taken, along with several precautions and warnings people should be aware of before starting the medication. However, it is possible that not all the warnings or precautions were discussed in this article. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider about the specific Adipex-P warnings and precautions that may apply to you.