When and How to Take It
General considerations for when and how to take Adipex-P include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet and capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily, although some people may need to take it twice a day.
- Adipex-P should be taken either before breakfast or one to two hours after breakfast.
- This medication should be combined with an appropriate diet. It is not meant to be used without dieting.
- Do not take Adipex-P more often (or at higher doses) than prescribed, as this can lead to addiction or dependence.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
The dose of Adipex-P your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to the drug
- Whether you develop bothersome or dangerous side effects
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Adipex Dosage for more information.)
Adipex-P can interact with a number of other medications (see Adipex Drug Interactions).